Monday, January 4, 2010

What a Morning

For those that don't know me I am a night person.  Hence my not getting up at 7 or 8 in the morning very easily.  Also, I sleep soundly.  With that said let me get going about this morning.

I'm sound asleep and hear knocking (pounding) on the door.  Like usual I incorporate it into a dream.  Since the sound persists and it's winter (another story) I eventually hear it and say to myself that whoever is knocking at this hour of morning they can go fly a kite.  I know it's not time to get up as my alarm hasn't gone off yet so it's too early to deal with anyone at the door. At least that's my line of groggy thought.

As whoever is at the door keeps knocking they then yell "Fire Department!"  Well, that woke me right up.  I have no clue what is going on, but the smoke detector isn't going off.  I make my way to the door in my nightshirt and open it to find some fire men at my door.  I can tell you though that I was grouchy, scared, and confused.  That's when I find out that they need to come in and check our apartment out because there was a Carbon Monoxide problem next door.  They're asking if I'm experiencing any symptoms.  Now, my roommate went to bed last night not feeling good so they want me to wake her up.  Now the phone starts to ring.  It was our neighbor to let us know we need to let the Fire Department in. 

Turns out all is okay in our place.  I called the neighbor back to apologize for any shortness and find out that they had to get out.  I told them they could bring their pets and themselves over.  They had to go to the ER, but brought the dog over.  Turns out that they were okay.  Whew.  Evidently something was wrong with the furnace. 

All has calmed down now, but what a scare, and what a morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment