Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Space Shuttle

You're 29 years old today.  You have had quite the life.  Many triumphs and tribulations, then the 2 disasters.  I have cried, cheered, held my breath and more for you.  I was 6 when you had your first disaster.  That is what made me realize you existed.  I may have been young, but I became interested in astronomy and learned a lot.  Through you I have told a teacher off at 7 years old.  Visited Cape Canaveral at 10 (and corrected the tour guide).  We have grown up together. 

I've watched many of your launches.  Your launches in my darkest days brightened them and have kept me going.  I'll miss you when you're gone, but will always remember you.  You have done so much for this country and world.  Enjoy your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment