Sunday, January 30, 2011

"R" = My Roommate

My roommate is a wonderful person.  We get along like 2 peas in a pod.  Well except when I'm PMSing, but that's just me being disagreeable with everyone including myself.  We met about 10 years ago and just clicked. 

We clicked so well that when we became roommates I moved my yarn stash first (before clothes or cat) and she didn't say anything.  We now share the yarn we buy.  You know you click with someone when you can move in and they don't say anything about your yarn stash.  Then when they start knitting you can share your stash with them with NO PROBLEMS!!!

We're both creative.  She wants to learn to use regular knitting needles, but her job caused her to have carpal tunnel and she can't hold the needles.  She usedsthe looms to knit with and man is she good at it.  Okay, so the hooks are a little small to hold on to, but we fixed that.


We also work with glass and share that with NO PROBLEMS!!!  Once we get a duplicate set of tools she's going to learn to needle felt.  If I ever finish my current weaving project she's going to try that out and if she likes it we're going to figure out a way to have 2 looms in 1 apartment with 4 cats and all our other crafting sh**  stuff.

She's the cook and I'm the cleaner. It works out good.  I'm the driver, she's the car owner.  She's Lucy & Ethel...wait so am I.  Oh we're always getting into some sort of mischief or another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment