Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy Time Of Year (not Complaining)

It’s one of the 2 busy times of year for me. The other time being the state’s legislative session. This time of year I call Training and Preparing. I’ve got so many trainings coming up that I sometimes wonder what’s going on. Like the previous 2 years I’m taking the ”Essentials Of Legislative Advocacy” and “Legislative Leadership Training.” Each one is 2 days long. I love them and look forward to them each year. They are both put on by the Keep the Promise Coalition (KTP). KTP is doing another training this year about access to medications and housing next month and I’ll be attending that too. That is also an important one as the lovely state changed the rules about access to psychiatric medications and this will help us to understand more about it.




In addition to that I’ll one person on a panel of 4 be teaching a 5 week 30 hour class to mental health providers starting later in the month as long as enough people sign up. NAMI-CT (National Alliance On Mental Illness Connecticut) will be having their annual conference on Halloween and my roommate will be at that too. We’re on the planning committee and we’re also going to have a table at the conference regarding Self Injury Awareness (SIA). That’s the first of 3 SIA events we have in the next 6.5 months.



All this is going to be going on while taking care of regular life. What’s that? Monthly Community Advisory Board Meetings where I’m President, local NAMI meetings 2 times a month, KTP meetings monthly, watching a friends store 2 times a month, dogsitting for 4 or so days next month, attending curves 3 times a week minimum, and a few other monthly meetings I know I’m forgetting.



This time of year is coming just in time. I was starting to get bored

No comments:

Post a Comment